Thursday, August 20, 2009

"In Greed We Trust"

Found at: http://bluesgirly.livejournal.com/

Michael Vick’s NFL comeback odyssey is over as he’s signed with the Philadelphia Eagles. Awesome “talented” Vick morphed into a CEO of professional dog fighting, diabolical cruelty and felonious conduct, got kicked out of the NFL, went bankrupt, off to prison, hired by the Eagles, and for the crescendo, he’s now an animal activist. We’re told to expect great things from Mike so in keeping with Mr. Vick’s astonishingly lucky life, it’s feasible that he’s the next tango artist on Dancing with the Stars then elected Governor of Pennsylvania quickly thereafter.


Although Burger King frowns on hiring felons, the NFL is a more forgiving place. The NFL insists the membership represent every facet of society and refuses to discriminate against anyone within the sociopath community. “This is a process of inclusion” remarked Bob Bumbleton, president of PWEP, People Who Enjoy Prison.

I am all about forgiveness therefore, I’m thinking about Vick from the bottom of my pit bull loving heart. I respect the pit bull, I love the breed, I work on their behalf, I admire their loyalty and have never seen one I didn’t like. I’ve spent a great deal of time with these animals and won their trust through kindness, strict rules, exercise and devotion. I had the enviable task of interviewing a former San Jose fighting dog called Willie. We called him Willie for the corniest of reasons - he had a “will” to live despite his battle scars and wild eyed fear of humans. Especially men.

When asked if Michael Vick should play in the NFL, Willie explained:

“Sure. Everybody makes mistakes. How owning and operating a kennel of death for six years is called a mistake, I’ll never understand. A mistake is when you pee on the patio furniture, not when you kill dogs. But, I do think he deserves a chance provided he tells the truth. The truth is, when a pit bull like me calls up his dog friends and organizes a dog fight and gets paid, then you can put us in the newspaper as bad dogs. When a pit bull chains himself to a tree with a tow line and starves himself to stay mean, then call us dangerous. When a pit bull docks his own ears and calls 1-800-PET-MEDS to buy steroids, then say we just want to look tough. Humans don’t need protection from pit bulls. Pit bulls need protection from humans.”

I won’t watch Vick play for the Eagles. His face mortifies me. I do not have the constitution to watch Vick wash dishes never mind play football. His vibe is evil and he sports an irritating smirk. Football is just game. What Vick did was real. I can’t offer Vick any sincere wishes for success or catchy phrases on redemption. I feel sorry for his teammates who may be too close to him when lightening strikes. In his case, lightning should strike twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment